Have you ever thought how good it would be if you were able to create a theme of your taste in you android phone? . All apps , menus of your requirement in the place where you want. So this article helps you to do that. XDA-Devs member newone 757 created really great theme based on the one used in Windows Phone 7 – hence the name, Android Phone 7. Here we are also gonna do the same. Most importantly the app required do accomplish this task is LP – Launcher Pro Plus , although it’s a paid app but not so heavy on your pocket, you are gonna get it for just $2 . The other apps needed for the purpose are Desktop Visualiser, Beautiful Widgets & Photoshop .
Desktop Visualiser :
This app is used to create icons and it is required for sure. Nothing to worry this is a free app.
Beautiful Widgets :
Beautiful Widgets gives you space to do a large amount of customization .But it is not so necessarily required as it is paid app . My recommendation is it would be profitable buying of just $2 this app if your are looking for custom themes .
Photoshop is required as the template images are .PSD files and photoshop is required to create icons based on template .
Wallpapers and Icons :
Click this link and you will get all the graphics required for your theme .
Creating the Theme :
Now let us come to the point on how to create the theme. First of all we will have to set up the theme . So the steps are :
1) Copy and paste the unzipped AP7 theme folder to SD card of your device.
2) Set the backgound image to Black.png (you will get it from the downloaded part).
Menu-> Wallpapers -> gallery -> Navigate to image
3) Remove all the exisiting icons, widgets etc. , screen should be blank.
4) Set 5 rows in Homescreen .
Menu -> Preferences -> Advanced Settings -> check “5 Icon rows in homescreen”
5) Long press the homescreen, a pop menu will appear in front of you containing various options like shortcuts, widgets, Wallpapers etc.
6) Choose “Widget” option from here, then go to “Desktop Visualizer”
Icon-> Image file -> Choose the image . For actions, Select Actions -> Launch Application ->Navigate to action. Set the label field empty and press Ok .
8) The icon will drop to your desktop, here you need to resize it manually and place it on your desired position.
Repeating above steps you can put your chosen icons on to the desktop .
Now you can also add widgets to your background
9) The trick is, Menu -> Wallpaper -> Gallery -> select black_white.png. Here you can get a little irritated .By trial and error you have to chose the correct image . The goal is to select that much so you get enough border between icons and the beautiful Widget .
10) Then you have to press Clock Skins and Download skin.Scroll down until you find “LTTRSclockLight” by Tim Porter, and download. Switch back to the Installed Skins tab, and select the Letters skin. When the dialogue box pops up, press Apply, then Save & Apply.
11)Press Weather Skins, then Download Skins again. Locate “LettersLight” by Tim Porter and download. Hit the Installed Skins tab, and select the none skin. Apply, then Save & Apply once more. Finally, press Save & Apply again, and it should drop the Widget to your desktop.
So this way you put any on any other widget that you like ,,,,,,
Congratulations now you have created your own customised android theme. This could be slight difficult initially but once you try you will get it.
Please share your comments and reviews on the article. Also share any other method of doing the same if you any other methods …
Incoming search terms:
- how to create theme for android
- custom themes for android
- how to make theme for android phone
- create android theme
- how to make your own android theme
- how to create theme with image in android application
- how to create themes for android phones
- how to install psd for android
- how to make a custom theme for android phone
- how to make a photo theme on android 4